Permanent Change of Station (PCS)
The Permanent Change of Station (PCS) Travel Section is located at the VA Financial Services Center (FSC) in Austin, Texas. We recognize relocation can be a very stressful event for employees and their families. Making your relocation a success is our goal and we are committed to providing you world class customer service during your move.
A PCS relocation requires a significant amount of coordination and planning by multiple individuals and organizations. The PCS Travel Section provides step-by-step assistance to employees from their decision to accept a new position to the settlement of their final relocation claim. Our services include: provide support and guidance to stations on initiating and completing the Intra-Agency Transfer Request (3918); provide PCS entitlement counseling to the relocating employee, establish the travel authority (3036c), record obligations, facilitate advances and bills of collection processes. PCS Travel is also the liaison for Move Management, Relocation Services and Real Estate Reasonableness Review. Our staff will assist with the relocation voucher process, performing audit and payment of vouchers in accordance with the Federal Travel Regulations, Board of Appeal decisions and agency policies. As part of the payment process, we ensure accurate updates of the associated accounting records and generate payment information to Treasury in a timely manner.
Below please find several guides and links relating to various aspects of your relocation, as well as a PCS contact list for your reference. If at any time during your relocation you need guidance or assistance, please contact us so we can make your relocation as smooth as possible.
VA's new relocation services contract was awarded on Wednesday, June 24, 2015 to WHR Group, based out of Pewaukee, WI. WHR Group has over 20 years of experience administering home sale programs, including Appraised Value Offer and Buyer Value Option, as well as destination area services. The previously awarded contract with Brookfield Relocation expired on July 23, 2015 and new authorizations for home sale services will be submitted to WHR Group beginning July 24, 2015. Employees initiated with Brookfield prior to July 24 will continue to work with Brookfield.
The CONUS rate increased from $123 ($77 lodging/$46 MI&E) to $129 ($83 lodging/$46 MI&E) effective 10/01/2013.
The mileage rate for driving a POV is .235 cents per mile effective 01/01/2014.
PCS Travel Help Desk
Toll Free - 800-521-1985
Direct - 512-460-5125
Fax - 512-460-5103
Points of Contact
WHR Group Counselor and Pre-Decision
Fax Number for Submission of Travel Authority for Permanent Duty
VA Form 3036c
- PCS Expense Form Requirements for New Appointees
- PCS Expense Form Requirements for Transferees
- Oakwood Temporary Housing
- Bridgestreet Temporary Housing
- Permanent Change of Station Quick Reference Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
- PCS Roles & Responsibilities
- VA Employee Relocation Policy Guide - New Appointee
- VA Employee Relocation Policy Guide - Renter
- VA Employee Relocation Policy Guide Home Owner - BVO
- VA Employee Relocation Policy Guide Home Owner - AVO (fomerly GHBO)
- VA BVO Relocation Brochure
- VA AVO (formerly GHBO) Relocation Brochure
- Bridgestreet (Temporary Quarters)
- Oakwood (Temporary Quarters)
- Federal Travel Regulations Chapter 302, Relocation Allowances