FSC e-Invoice Program
FSC Mandatory Electronic Invoice Submission
The Department of Veterans Affairs published a final rule in the Federal Register on November 27, 2012 to require contractors to submit payment requests in electronic form in order to enhance customer service, departmental productivity, and adoption of innovative information technology, including the appropriate use of commercial best practices. The rule is effective December 27, 2012.
Vendor Electronic Invoice Submission Methods
Facsimile, e-mail, and scanned documents are not acceptable forms of submission for payment requests. Electronic form means an automated system transmitting information electronically according to the accepted electronic data transmission methods below:
- VA’s Electronic Invoice Presentment and Payment System – The FSC uses a third-party contractor, Tungsten, to transition vendors from paper to electronic invoice submission. Please go to this website: http://www.tungsten-network.com/US/en/veterans-affairs/ to begin submitting electronic invoices, free of charge.
- A system that conforms to the X12 electronic data interchange (EDI) formats established by the Accredited Standards Center (ASC) chartered by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
The X12 EDI Web site (http://www.x12.org).
Vendor e-Invoice Set-Up Information:
Please contact Tungsten at the phone number or email address listed below to begin submitting your electronic invoices to the VA Financial Services Center for payment processing, free of charge. If you have question about the e-invoicing program or Tungsten, please contact the FSC at the phone number or email address listed below:
- Tungsten e-Invoice Setup Information: 1-877-489-6135
- Tungsten e-Invoice email: VA.Registration@Tungsten-Network.com
- FSC e-Invoice Contact Information: 1-877-353-9791
- FSC e-invoice email: email@example.com